Monday, March 8, 2010

Post 8 :

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

This guy is amazing. I have never heard of him before this assignment, but I am glad that I was told to watch this for out blogs. When I heard that it was over an hour long video, I will not lie, I loathed the idea. Now that I watched it, my mind has been changed. Not every day do you find a person so full of life as Randy Pausch. He is such an inspiration. I mean wow, how can someone who is about to lose their own life, be so helpful to make everyone else's life as amzing as possible. It makes you really do a little self reflecting, and make some changes in your life.

He first starts by explaining how he achieved his childhood dreams, which only takes up the first twenty minutes of the video. He talks about how he did each one. Randy did everything he could to do everything on his list. He found loop holes, and never took no for an answer in anything he did. Isn't that what everyone's goal is? To live like he has. To put everything you are into your life, and to never stop. To fill up your memories with smiles, and struggle followed by triumph.

The rest of his lecture is how he helped others achieve their childhood dreams. He dedicated the remainder of his life to helping his students be the best they could possibly be. This guy is so selfless its crazy. On top of that he is entertaining. I only wish he could have been my teacher. I love how he lets his students be so creative, and maybe that is because what he teaches allows creativity. I think that every subject should allow creativity, but that is another post isn't it?

"You obviously don't know where the bar should be, and your only going to do them a disservice by putting it anywhere." I just had to acknowledge this quote, I love it. Who is to tell people when they have reached their limit? Nobody that is who. You can be whatever you want to be! OH and I so want the giant green care bear, does anyone know where to get one. That is one of my childhood dreams, to own that bear, can you find the Randy Pausch in you and help me out?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything that is said in your blog. He really is an inspiration while being a great teacher and learner. His childhood dreams were awesome and how he accomplished them were just as cool.

    ReplyDelete